YouWeb is a free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles with personal unique Username, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site, which is available in different languages, includes public features such as:
- Marketplace - allows members to post, read and respond to classified ads.
- Groups - allows members who have common interests to find each other and interact.
- Events - allows members to publicize an event, invite guests and track who plans to attend.
- Pages - allows members to create and promote a public page built around a specific topic.
- Presence technology - allows members to see which contacts are online and chat.
- Blog - allows member to post articles.
- Games - allows members to play some free games.
Within each member's personal profile, there are several key networking components. Messages left on a member's Wall can be text, video or photos. Photos can be uploaded from the desktop or directly from a smartphone camera. There is no limitation on quantity, but staff will remove inappropriate or copyrighted images. An interactive album feature allows the member's contacts to comment on each other's photos. All interactions are published in a news feed, which is distributed in real-time to the member's friends.
I have been passionate about the web for almost 20 years, I have created different communities, forums, chats and services of all kinds, I have collaborated with hundreds of people on the web by participating in the implementation of projects and the improvement of others.
I discovered later that I had Asperger syndrome, which is why I experienced my limitations badly rather than taking strength from my being different. For every problem created by third parties I have always changed my way by failing to carry out many of my projects, but I don't think this has ever stopped my desire to discover and create.
Today with this social network I want to try something I want to do for about 5 years and I have never had the time or perhaps the right motivation because of the countless obstacles involved in having to do everything myself in this jungle, I know it's strange, an Asperger person is what can be farther away from socialization, but behind a keyboard this limit almost does not exist.
Social or not, You are the Web.